- Code pages with UTF-8
- Don’t just “translate” page titles & meta descriptions.
- Adopt a global PR strategy
- Manage 301s – typical global site have a lot of redirection, broken page issues and meta refreshes that can screw things up
- Keywords in URLs
- Source local links
- Use a smart “geo-selector” -basically understand your market – language, links, etc.
- Keyword research – “30% off” doesn’t work in Polish
- CCTLDs or local hosting
- Language & Content Presentation -Bots have problems distinguishing between certain languages’ character sets and word patterns.
- Always start with a low cost pilot
SMX Advanced: International SEO – Andy Atkins-Kruger
June 4th, 2008
Tags: International SEO