LSG is a 100% SEO-focused boutique consultancy obsessed with positive SEO results and taking care of the humans that are our clients and fellow team members. 100% of our clients come from inbound sales. No boiler room here. This means when we say we care about results, it’s literally the only way we know how to make money.
We’re a 100% remote agency. So things like freedom and no commutes ever are our priorities.
We think you’d like it here 🙂
Senior Director of SEO (Remote Position)
If you have ever wanted to build out an SEO team, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. We are looking for someone to build out our team of consultants and be the face of the company to many of our clients. This means responsibility not just for individual clients, but growing and training team members, tactic/process/strategy development, the works.
Just this last month you could have:
- Coordinated with technical SEO and content leads to drive strategy on an SEO audit for one of the biggest sites in the US
- Lead a project to revamp our client kick-off call process
- Been a stakeholder on a new rank tracking product
- And crafted a few small deliverables of your own that were ad hoc requests from important clients
The Senior Director of SEO will be someone who:
- Has shown demonstrable SEO results, including growing accounts and managing SEOs.
- Loves developing new ways to win at SEO, and then has to show everyone how to do it.
- Is about finding solutions for problems.
- Is accountable. Not just to us, but to yourself.
A typical day in the life of the Senior Director of SEO:
- Work with the VP of Search and Director of Project Management to plan deliverables for the next sprint
- Communicate with a wide variety of clients on the status of deliverables.
- Respond to ad hoc questions from clients either on your own or by seeking feedback from relevant team members
- Work with team members to develop strategies for successful client outcomes
- Work on client deliverables that cannot be outsourced to the rest of the team
- Meet with key internal stakeholders to plan company process improvements
- Assist CEO and VP of Search on potential growth opportunities for current client accounts
- Tweet to SEO Twitter about how there are an endless amount of things to be done and how it’s all about prioritization 🙂
Reporting to the VP of Search, you will be expected to:
- Drive organic search traffic and conversion growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing, and innovating on Local SEO Guide’s systems.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a small team of SEO consultants.
- Strategize, plan, and grow profitability for your department with a high degree of autonomy over how your team is run.
This role isn’t a fit for you if…
- You have never led, managed, or held a team of direct reports accountable for results.
- You aren’t a self-starter who is resourceful and finds solutions to problems independently.
- You get overwhelmed easily when handling multiple objectives simultaneously under tight timelines.
- You feel restricted and cannot thrive when working within a system of existing standards.
- You feel like you’re always fighting fires and cannot get the time and focus to create strategic outcomes.
Why You’ll Want to Work Here
This role will give you the opportunity to maximize:
- Flexibility — We know family is important and will be flexible so you can be present and live a well-integrated life.
- Freedom — You will help the development of our company, this comes with the freedom to do things your way.
- $$$ — If you excel in your role, you will grow in compensation and responsibility over the next few years.
We are a 100% remote company but prefer employees who can overlap with the rest of the team ~6 hours a day.
- $90,000-$120,000 depending on experience
- LSG pays 100% of your health insurance premiums + up to $1,000/year in non-reimbursed healthcare expenses
- 2 weeks paid vacation + last week of the year off + all federal holidays (~4 weeks of vacation!)
- Paid travel 2x/year to our LSG “retreats” (we all get together in a fun city)
- $1,000 home office allowance
- 10% commissions on any business you bring in if you are into making it rain
- Participation in company profit sharing program after 1 year
- Matching donations to your favorite charities