LSG is a 100% SEO-focused boutique consultancy obsessed with positive SEO results and taking care of the humans that are our clients and fellow team members. 100% of our clients come from inbound sales. No boiler room here. This means when we say we care about results, it’s literally the only way we know how to make money.
We’re a 100% remote agency. So things like freedom and no commutes ever are our priorities.
We think you’d like it here 🙂
Associate Content Strategist (Remote Position – Candidate Must Be in North America):
This job would be great for anyone who has an interest in helping grow the content department of an SEO agency, and learning how to improve editorial + SEO research processes.
Maybe you’re a journalist, editor, or content writer, and you want to apply your skills to driving clients’ organic search traffic. Or maybe you’re an SEO who wants to grow into a content role.
You’ll work closely with our Director of Content to align SEO recommendations and final copy with our clients’ needs. Our current client industries include B2B SaaS, media/publishing, eCommerce/retail, automotive, lead generation/marketing, and more.
The Associate Content Strategist would be responsible for the following:
- Conduct keyword research, and identify ways to use that research to improve clients’ websites
- Research and write content briefs that clients and freelance writers will use to produce writing
- Manage editorial calendars using software like Google Sheets, Notion, or Asana
- Edit short- and long-form writing for grammar, accuracy, clarity, punctuation, readability, length, and structure
- Manage editorial workflows and reporting for multiple clients (i.e. keeping revisions and other milestones moving, updating URL tracking and status)
- Contribute to developing editorial strategies that align with client goals
- Occasionally assist Director of Content in communicating with clients (or client-facing internal account managers)
This Job Is For You If You Have:
- A basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills
- Experience applying editorial style guidelines (from AP to brands’ in-house styles)
- Confidence in your editorial judgment — you can communicate why changes should be made, not just fix errors or tweak copy
- Experience pitching ideas + creating outlines and content briefs
- Diligent research skills, for example, identifying the thought leaders, authorities, and top content in a range of industries, especially B2B/SaaS, technology and eCommerce
- Understanding of HTML + Schema (you don’t need to be a developer, but know how to use headings to structure content)
- A knack for troubleshooting and finding solutions for content strategies
- Comfort with spreadsheets and basic filtering/data manipulation (Google Sheets/Excel)
Things that would wow us:
- Prior experience as an SEO analyst, strategist, writer or editor
- A background in journalism, writing, editing, or digital content management
We are a virtual company but prefer employees who can overlap with the rest of the team ~6 hours a day.
- Salary range $50,000-$55,000 DOE
- LSG pays 100% of your health insurance premiums + up to $1,000/year in non-reimbursed healthcare expenses
- 2 weeks paid vacation + last week of the year off + all federal holidays (~4 weeks of vacation!)
- Paid travel 2x/year to our LSG “retreats” (we all get together in a fun city when that kind of things is acceptable again)
- $1,000 home office allowance
- 10% commissions on any business you bring in if you are into making it rain
- Participation in company profit sharing program after 1 year
- Matching donations to your favorite charities
If this sounds like you, let’s talk