Brian Klais of NetConcepts.
There’s more to search than rankings:
How do we evaluate channel performance and determine investment?
Brand to Non-Brand Ration
- Non-brand search can be 40x over brand search if done right
- How big is your site in Google’s eyes
- How many pages are being crawled/indexed v. how many pages you have?
- Why are some of your pages not in the index?
- How many pages are yielding search traffic?
- For example 25% of your pages in Google drive traffic. What about the other 75%
Phrases/Visitors Per Page
- How many visitors per page?
- How many phrases drive traffic per page?
- Compare Traffic v. URLs on 1st SERP page
- Develop strategies for page 2 terms
Engine Yield Rate
- Searchers delivered per page crawled
- Which engines are getting the best return on your crawl investment
Missed Opportunity Cost
- Compute your revenue per page from natural search
- If your unique page count multiplied by your rev per page you can make a case as to how much you can make from natural search
Treat Natural Search As A Direct Response Channel