Sorry for the deviation from local search but this just in – You may have noticed I had been running a Blogrush widget on the side of these pages over the past couple of weeks. Not anymore. I just got an email from Blogrush saying that my account has been made “inactive” because this blog has “not enough unique content”.
Now let me get this straight – I write nothing but unique content every day for a month with a number of other high quality sites picking up my posts, linking to these pages, adding comments, etc. And my blog is not unique enough?
All I can say is “Blogrush WTF?”. This is no way to endear yourself to me or any other blogger out there.
Tamar Weinberg put it more politely when she said “Blogrush, You’re Kidding Me.”
And check out Andy Beal’s nuking of Blogrush.
BTW, now that the Blogrush widget is gone, my pages are loading a lot faster. Thanks Blogrush!
If you’re curious, here are Blogrush’s “very strict guidelines”:
BlogRush Quality Guidelines:
- The blog contains unique, quality content that provides opinions, insights, and/or recommended resources that provide value to readers of the blog. Articles, videos, public domain works, press releases, and content written by others are okay to be used on the blog, but the ratio of unique content should far outweigh content from other sources.
- The blog should be updated on a regular basis (at least several times a month) and should not just go a few months between posts.
- The blog should already contain at least 10-12 quality posts. New blogs with very little content will not be accepted (I guess this is where they got me. Apparently not all of my posts are “quality”).
- The blog’s primary contain must be in English. BlogRush is currently not available for non-English blogs.
- The blog should not contain an excessive amount of advertising and links and very little actual content. The focus of the blog should be quality content.
- The primary content of the blog should not be “scraped” content from other sources and/or script-generated pages for the sole purpose of search engine rank manipulation. The focus of the blog should be quality content.
- The blog’s content (or advertising) should not contain any of the following types of content: hate, anti-racial, terrorism, drug-related, hacking, phishing, fraud, pornographic, nudity, warez, gambling, copyright infringement, obscene or disgusting material of any kind, or anything considered illegal.