LSG has just come off another record year and if today is any indication 2010 is going to be uber crazy. I am looking for someone who is interested in learning the SEO trade and helping service some of the biggest brands online, coolest startups and excellent SMB customers.
Skills required in order to be considered:
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization, keyword research, site architecture and linkbuilding
- Ability to set up and operate a wordpress blog
Skills that are nice-to-have but not necessary:
- HTML, MySQL, php programming
- Interest in sales
- Good writer
- Product management
What you’ll be doing:
I need someone who can handle all aspects of client site audits, help me spec out and build new websites and test various SEO theories. You will be exposed to working for large Fortune 500 companies, hot start-ups, venture capitalists and small businesses.
What I am not looking for:
- Candidates who do not live within 60 miles of Pleasanton, CA
- Outsourcing firms (that means SEO outsourcers from India, China and other countries that like to send blind emails and fill up my inbox, please do not!)
- People who require a lot of handholding and are not confident enough to take charge of a project with little to no guidance and see it through completion.
What I am looking for:
- The ideal candidate thinks he/she will start his/her own business someday and is looking for a foot in the door to see how it’s done.
- Someone who is willing to do the grunt work as well as the “cool” stuff (although hopefully you’ll think the grunt work is cool too)
This will be a contract position to start.
If you are interested please find a site that has a search engine optimization problem and in your note to me tell me what it is and how they can fix it. And instead of sending me a resume, how about just sending me a link to your online CV?
And please try to include as little fluff in your note to me as possible. It will save you time having to think up weird niceties and it will save me time having to read them
You can contact me at localseo-at-localseoguide.com