Business over here keeps exploding and I am looking to expand the team to include an awesome SEO Manager and/or Director (Titles are meaningless here btw).
I am looking for someone who is interested in learning or improving their already considerable skills in the SEO trade and helping service some of the biggest brands online, coolest startups and excellent SMB customers.
Skills required in order to be considered:
- Experience in Google Places optimization
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization, keyword research, site architecture and linkbuilding
- Ability to set up and operate a wordpress blog
Skills that are nice-to-have but not necessary:
- HTML, MySQL, php programming
- Good writer
- Product management
What you’ll be doing:
I need someone who can handle all aspects of client site audits, help me spec out and build new websites and test various SEO theories. You will be exposed to working for large Fortune 500 companies, hot start-ups, venture capitalists and small businesses.
What I am not looking for:
- Candidates who do not live within 60 miles of Pleasanton, CA
- Outsourcing firms (that means SEO outsourcers from India, China and other countries that like to send blind emails and fill up my inbox, please do not!)
- People who require a lot of handholding and are not confident enough to take charge of a project with little to no guidance and see it through completion.
What I am looking for:
- The ideal candidate thinks he/she will start his/her own business someday and is looking for a foot in the door to see how it’s done.
- Someone who is willing to do the grunt work as well as the “cool” stuff (although hopefully you’ll think the grunt work is cool too)
If you are interested, when you contact me, tell me one thing about your SEO experience that is interesting. And instead of sending me a resume, how about just sending me a link to your online CV?
And please try to include as little fluff in your note to me as possible. It will save you time having to think up weird niceties and it will save me time having to read them 🙂
You can contact me here. Put “SEO Job” in the subject box.
3 Response Comments
“What I am not looking for:
Candidates who do not live within 60 miles of Pleasanton, CA”.
You realize you are asking for people that live within 60 miles of Pleasanton CA, right? Double negative and all. I got excited until I realized what you were trying to say. Oh well! Great blog, btw.
Yeah I guess the syntax could be improved. I might be open to a long-distance deal for the right person though.
A small grammar error in the title might be causing you the loss of some great applications – “an SEO” (pronounced [es i: ou]) 😉