Want to run your own SEO agency and have the experience and drive to make it happen? Great. You’re hired.
For seven years, I have been operating a successful “boutique” SEO consultancy, servicing some of the top websites in the world like Walmart.com, LATimes.com & Bing, incredible start-ups and plenty of SMBs. There’s a lot going on and it’s time to bring in someone who wants to help me take on the world. You are obsessive about how to make the trains run on time and you get a thrill up your leg by making it happen. You know what you don’t know and you see that as a good thing. You have done a lot of SEO grunt work in your day and you know how to take some keyword research, GWT data and some link analysis and bake it into a SEO strategy without breaking a sweat. Maybe you even enjoy doing linkbuilding. More power to you. You really want to build something that you can be proud of. What are you waiting for? Let’s make it happen. It’s going to be an amazing ride.
The Head of SEO Services (or whatever title you want to give yourself) is responsible for:
- Taking over client relationships once the sale has been made
- SEO audits of enterprise-level sites, including analysis of technical SEO issues, site architecture, keyword targeting, content-related SEO issues, and inbound link analysis
- Presenting audits to clients and answering related questions
- Setting up performance tracking and reporting for clients
- Monitoring SEO health of client sites and troubleshooting when necessary
- Selecting tools and technology vendors to effectively monitor and report on SEO issues/progress
- Working with me to create a system to manage Google Places optimization work for SMBs and Multi-location customers, including link-building, content creation/marketing, citation building and Google Places claiming/updating.
- Identifying potential new hires to help grow the business
- Proficiency in technical SEO analysis
- Understanding of SEO reporting best practices
- Experience with linkbuilding & citation building, particularly for local SEO
- Experience managing outsourcing vendors for SEO work
- Ability to manage all aspects of SEO workflow
- Desire to run a growing SEO agency with outstanding client service focused on positive outcomes
- People management
You Should Be This Kind of Person:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-starter & Self-manager
If this sounds like you, drop me a line and let’s talk.