How to Add a Business Listing to Yahoo Local
How Do You Add or Update Your Listings on Yahoo Local?
There have been a lot of changes to how Yahoo Local works for business
- Yahoo no longer manages its own business listing claiming & updating
- In order to add or update a business to Yahoo Local you must now do
so via Yext Powerlistings
UPDATED 2.24.22 – YAHOO LOCAL APPEARS TO NOW ONLY SUPPORT BUSINESS PROFILE UPDATES VIA YEXT. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK YOUR BUSINESS LISTING’S STATUS ON YAHOO LOCAL AND ~60 OTHER LOCAL SEARCH SITES TRY
You can create a free Yahoo Local Basic Listing by going to https://www.yext.com/pl/localseo/index.html
Yahoo has four different types of listings you have to choose from:
- Basic Yahoo Listing (Free)
- Yahoo! ($3/week)
- Essential ($9/week)
- Complete ($10/week)
- Premium ($19/week)
You can compare the paid plan differences here after you enter your business info and run the free scan, but for this article, we are only demonstrating how to add a business listing to Yahoo’s free “Basic Listing”. The Basic Listing takes only five steps to complete.
- Head to https://www.yext.com/pl/localseo/index.html and enter your business name, phone number, and your first and last name.
- After you hit “SCAN MY LISTINGS”, it’s going to run scans across various different directories and sites beyond just yahoo. It will look something like this:
3. Don’t worry too much about this review step that shows “MISSING LISTING”. It just shows everywhere it couldn’t find your business listed online. This is important to know but if you just want to create a basic yahoo listing then click-through by hitting the “FIX ALL ERRORS” button.
4. Now, you should see the plan comparison page. It has the paid plans listed in 4 columns but look for the, “Claim your Basic Listing only on Yahoo here”, underneath them, to proceed with the basic listing.
5. The final step will read “Yahoo Basic Listing Checkout” at the top with $0.00 charged. It will also ask you to confirm your business information again including the name, address, phone number, email, category, website, and description of your business. When you are done, hit the”PLACE ORDER” button at the bottom of page.
The overall process is pretty easy, but it can be painstaking if you have to manage/create a lot of listings across the internet. Yext PowerListings can take care of that for you.
Yext PowerListings will automatically create/manage your company’s information for over 50 of the top local search sites. (e.g. Yelp, Superpages, foursquare and many more) They will also monitor reviews for you. Their service is not free, but the amount of time you will save is huge. Check them out here.
*Full Disclosure: I get paid every time someone buys a Powerlisting via that link. It’s not much, but it helps keep the lights on at the blog – and I do think it’s a great service. Ok, end of shill…
Check out Yext PowerListings and support this site while you’re at it!