Some notes from Peter Krasilovsky’s interview with Sonia McFarland, head of business development of Yelp. Not much new here but a couple of interesting data points.
– Yelp’s demo is older than you think
– In order to be an advertiser on the site you need to “qualify” by having a minimum number of reviews and minimum star rating
– While Yelp distributes its content to other local search sites, they don’t get a lot of traffic from these deals. Most of their traffic comes from search and direct navigation.
– Yelp has 3.5 million reviews
– They focus on the top 21 cities in the US