For those of you who have checked out our 2016 Local SEO Ranking Factors study, and if you haven’t now is a great time to, then you know that here at Local SEO Guide that we look at a grouping of 3 keywords to represent most local queries. For example, if the client is a dentist in Costa Mesa it would look something like this:
dentist costa mesa
costa mesa dentist
And for those of you that have had to localize top level keywords before you know what a huge, time consuming and manual PITA it can be. Well not anymore!
Local Keyword Generator
In order to streamline this process I developed a Google Sheet’s script that can take a couple of inputs (city and keyword list) and generate a localized set of keywords. I like to call it…
This tool is really simple to use:
- Make a copy of the sheet for you to use yourself (don’t ask me for edit access, I’m not going to give it to you)
- Put the city you want to localize for (or zip code) in cell A4
- Put the keywords you want to localize in A10+
- Click the “Generate Keywords” button
- Check the new tab that has the localized versions of all your keywords
Simple enough right? Now you can spend time doing keyword research instead of localizing your keywords lists!