According to Jay Young of LinkFish
#1 Message: DON’T BE AFRAID TO BUY LINKS!
Non Profit Sponsorships are great.
Social Media: Digg, Redditt, Stumble, etc.
According to Jay text link brokers still work
- Big Name Text Link Brokers
- Blog Advertisers
- Smaller Brokers 2,000 – 10,000 Sites
- Specialty Brokers
- Amateur Brokers
“You gave up morality when you got into this business”
- Comment SPAM works
- Trackback SPAM works
- Reciprocal Links work – but be very picky about who you link with. Don’t use a reciprocal links page
- Three Way linking works but make sure they are relevant
- Link Farms – only use those that have a toolbar page rank but be careful
Outside the Box
- Template Sponsorship
- Contests – Give away an iphone and ask for a link back from all entrants
- Content Trades
- Hire bartenders – they are perfectly suited for the task
- Avoid buying links from forums
- Avoid any site with hidden links
- Use moderation and common sense
- If the competition is too clean, mess it up a little
As you can see I have abandoned my one or two sentences approach.