- Online reviews can impact rankings, particularly in less competitive markets
- Ratings can also influence click-through rate from local SERPs (you’re more likely to notice and click on a five star rating v. a one star). Ratings are the new rankings.
- make it easy for your customers to write a review (they aren’t going to do it otherwise)
– Give away free wifi and redirect users to a review us page
– Put a “review me” link in your email signature
- Get reviews on sites that feed other local search sites (e.g. Insiderpages reviews show up on a variety of other sites)
- Encourage your customers to focus on important keywords for their review
- Measure the perfomance of reviews – rankings, ratings, traffic